PUBLIC WORKS: SILVER HILL ROAD HAS REOPENED

Written by Elizabeth Davis. Posted in News & Weather

Silver Hill Road has re-opened, according to Michael Skeen, Floyd County’s Public Works Director.  The road was closed last week because of a mudslide due to torrential downpour.  A few local roads remained closed as of Tuesday; motorists are asked to refrain from removing signs or barricades until Public Works has a chance to inspect and re-open these areas.

A 20 percent chance of showers is forecast for today with high temperatures expected to reach the low 70s, reports the National Weather Service.  An 80 percent chance of showers is predicted for tonight with overnight lows in the low 50s.  A flood warning remains in place for some area waterways. 

Trackback from your site.

Leave a comment